Skip to main content

Can illegal immigrants apply for a residents under comprehensive immigration reform already?

Richmond, VA |

Can illegal immigrants apply for a residents under comprehensive immigration reform already? And how to do it and how it actually works?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


No. No such reform has passed and it does not seem likely for the next 2 years at the moment.

This communication should not be construed to create an attorney client relationship. All information provided is for general informational purposes only. You should not rely on any general information provided to make important legal decisions affecting your life and you should instead consult with an attorney. During any private consultation, a competent attorney will review your particular situation, research the specific legal provisions that apply, and create an individualized case plan for you and your family.



The answer provided is for general information purposes and cannot be relied upon. In order to provide legal advice, one must engage with a live attorney; this answer does not create such attorney-client relationship.


No. There's been no immigration reform passed yet. What you can do is talk to an immigration attorney who can ask you some questions and determine if you have other options to obtain legal status. Beware of scammers who take your money for any immigration reform application.


No. Nothing has passed.

Follow the news and consult an immigration attorney once you hear that immigration reform has become law.

DISCLAIMER: This answer is for informational purposes only under the AVVO website, its terms and conditions. It is not intended as specific legal advice regarding your question. The answer could be different if all the facts were known. This answer does not establish an attorney client relationship. I am only admitted in New York and New Jersey. Visit my site for more information: