Can iget an ineligible for a social security number letter from the social security administration to apply for a driver permit?

Watsonville, CA |

I'm an illegal immigrant and I want to get a driver's permit. Are there any risks in asking for one?

Thank You.

P.S. Sorry for the spelling i had no more characters remaining.

It is best to consult a California attorney about how to obtain a driver's permit. If you are working and do not have a social security number it can pose problems for if you apply for a visa.

Alexus P. Sham alexuspshamesq@gmail.com (917) 498-9009. The above information is only general in nature and does not constitute legal advice. It does not create an attorney-client relationship.

The Social Security Administration will require a valid immigration document for you and prorof you are legally authorized to work before they will issue you a number so don't bother to apply.

--
Lynne R. Feldman, Attorney at Law
Concentrating in Immigration Law

2221 Camino Del Rio South, Suite 201
San Diego, CA 92108 | (619) 299-9600
Fax: (619) 923-3277
website: www.immigrateme.com

Former Adjunct Professor -- Immigration law
University of Illinois College of Law

Though offered as one, this is NOT an immigration question, really.

There are risks if you misrepresent facts on your license application. In addition, aliens may be unlawfully present, but people are not "illegal" as a matter of law. Contraband or substances are illicit or illegal. Good luck.

This is general information, not legal advice, and does not create an attorney client relationship.