Can I work on H1b after my L1 extension got denied ?

Dallas, TX |

My L1 VISA and I - 94 is expiring on 30 March 2013 . My employer has filed L1 B extension and I got REF on that . While my extension is in progress I am planning to file H1B VISA . If suppose my L1 B extension gets denied but my H1 petition gets approved still can I work on H1b from Oct2013 ?

Yes you can work on the H in October if it gets approved. if your L is denied before October you cannot lawfully stay here until October unless you are in some lawful status

Only if you exit the US and reenter with a valid H-1B visa stamp.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

I agree with Attorney Pollak. Consult an immigration lawyer if you have additional questions. Good luck to you.
---------------------------
Dean P. Murray
The Murray Law Firm
560 Sylvan Avenue
Englewood Cliffs, NJ 07632
T: (201)875-2600
F: (201)549-8700

Mr. Murray's response is NOT legal advice and does NOT create an attorney-client relationship. You should NOT rely on this response. Mr. Murray's response was generated without conducting a full inquiry as would occur during a face to face attorney-client consultation. It is likely that the response above may be made less accurate, or become entirely inaccurate, as you, i.e. the questioner, disclose additional facts that should only be discussed during a private consultation with an attorney. I strongly recommend that you consult an attorney who is licensed to practice law in your state (or, in the case of immigration law, and attorney in ANY state), whereupon all relevant facts will be discussed. All responses posted by Mr. Murray on Avvo.com are intended as general information for the education of the public, and not for any specific individual.