Skip to main content

Can I work?

Berea, KY |

I have married my wife for year now and we're in deep financial need. She's not working now and I wanna know if I can work. My i-130 from got approved but I have not filed the i-1485 and work permit yet.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


if you are eligible and once you file the I-485, you will receive your employment authorization within 90 days

This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.


You can legally work once you filed I-765 in conjunction with an I-485. It will take up to 90 days to receive your work permit.


To be able to work, you must have a valid EAD.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer