Skip to main content

Can i win this case I representing myself on a appeal? And if so can i get some legal advice and some tips

Laurel, MD |

I got charged with driving under the influence and a refusal .my mva hearing came before my court date with the district court. on my mva hearing I objected to the way I was pulled over and the refusal and i was granted a second hearing with the officer subpoena. On my second mva hearing the officer didn't show and my license was still suspended for one year because i had a prior refusal 3 yrs ago. Later my charges was dismissed in the district court because the officer didn't show. I filed an appeal against the mva and was granted one for April 17 2009 in the circuit court. I also wrote the circuit court judge and told him my side and also stated if the officer had showed up he would have realize that he assumed that because my passenger was drunk he made an assumption that I was..

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


The appeal will rely upon the record used in the decision by the judge. You have to know the record on appeal inside and out. There are far too many loose ends to properly advise you about this online. Check with your local bar association to see if an attorney that offers free consultations might assist you.

Good luck to you.

NOTE: This answer is made available by the lawyer for educational purposes only. By using or participating in this site you understand that there is no attorney client privilege between you and the attorney responding. This site should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed professional attorney with whom you have established an attorney client relationship. The law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The information and materials provided are general in nature, and may not apply to a specific factual or legal circumstance described in the question.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer