Skip to main content

Can I use parent's address on N-400 application, since I moved to another state temporarily as part of my student rotation ?

Solon, OH |

I am a full time student at Ross Univ School of Medicine and over the next 12 to 14 months, I will be rotating at different hospitals for clinical clerkship at different states. My all address is at my paren t's home in Ohio, includimg bank, driver license. Current address at NY is temporary. I am applying for us citizenship. Can I use my parent's home address, since I am a FT student and that's my permanent address.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Yes, if that is your residence you can use that address. But your interview will be held at the district office that has jurisdiction over that address so if you are still working your rotation at the time of the interview you will have to return to there for the interview.


It appears that this would be the most appropriate permanent address (though it doesn't relieve you of the AR-11 obligation to inform of the interim addresses). Yes, you will be pulled back to your parents location for Biometrics Appointments, the interview, and any other action on the case.


Yes. As a student, you can use your parent's address as your permanent address.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.