Can I use hotel pictures/names on my website?

Las Vegas, NV |

My clients bid for shifts but we are able to do it a little bit faster which helps them get more work. Would I be able to use the name the hotels we can help them with and/or use stock pictures or pictures taken personally of the structure (with/without name) on the website?

Best Answer

I understand you to have a job bidding website geared to the hotel industry. And I understand that you want to use pictures of the hotels to help you do this. Provided that: (A) you are not implying that you are sponsored by or associated with the hotels, and (B) you do not use copyright protected pictures without permission, I think you can do this.

I am not your lawyer and you are not my client. Free advice here is without recourse and any reliance thereupon is at your sole risk. This is done without compensation as a free public service. I am licensed in IL, MO, TX and I am a Reg. Pat. Atty. so advice in any other jurisdiction is strictly general advice and should be confirmed with an attorney licensed in that jurisdiction.

Q: "Would I be able to use the name the hotels ... ."
R: Yes.

Q: Would I be able to use ... stock pictures or pictures taken personally of the structure ... ."
R: Yes.

Both answers, however, need to be verified by your own intellectual property attorney after he reviews all the facts and explains how to publish the hotel names and photographs so you do NOT falsely state or imply that your company or service is in any way endorced or sponsored by any such hotel or lodging association or trade group or anyone else or that your company or service is associated with any such entity. The Randazza Law Group has an office in Las Vegas and should be able to assist you [visit http://randazza.com ].

The above is general information ONLY and is not legal advice, does not form an attorney-client relationship, and should NOT be relied upon to take or refrain from taking any action. I am not your attorney. You should seek the advice of competent counsel before taking any action related to your inquiry.

I agree with my colleagues - consult with your IP attorney.

This is not a legal advice or solicitation, and does not create an attorney-client relationship. Consult with an attorney. I work for Cardinal Risk Mangement and Cardinal Intellectual Property, IP service companies, but not law firms . I also am the president of Vepachedu Educational Foundation Inc., which is a non profit educational foundation. I also write cultural and scientific compliations for the foundaiton. I also teach at Northwestern university as a guest lecturer. I also provide some pro-bono guidance on immigration and other issues through Indian American Bar Association. I also have a contract with Cardinal Law Group, a law firm, for IP projects. All this information is on my profile at Avvo and also at Linkedin.