Skip to main content

Can I use deffered judication on a possession of marijuana charge under two ounce ?

Temple, TX |
Attorney answers 3


You will qualify for deferred adjudication. You may also qualify for a pretrial diversion program, which is even better because it gets you an outright dismissal. What kind of result you get will depend on the work of your defense attorney. Most offer free consultations. Interview a few until you find the one you are most comfortable with.

Macy Jaggers's answer to a legal question on Avvo does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Ms. Jaggers offers everyone a free consultation to discuss their case. Feel free to call her office at 214-365-9800 to make an appointment (phones are answered 24 hours) or visit her website at for more information about her services and recent victories.


Deferred adjudication is certainly a possibility. What you need to do is consult with a good defense attorney. Perhaps your case is one that could get dismissed, or that you should exercise your right to a jury trial. Only a good experienced defense attorney can properly advise you, and only after he or she has all the facts. Many, like myself, offer free consultations.

Todd Steele's response to your question is for general information purposes only. Nothing in this response should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship.


For a first time offense of possession of marijuana with no criminal history you may be able to get a dismissal by taking a class and doing community service. This is what I do for my clients in Austin.
Austin Marijuana Lawyer

My answers are intended only as general legal advice and are not intended to create an attorney-client relationship. There is no substitute for a full consultation with a local experienced criminal defense attorney. For more answers based on my 19 years of experience visit my website,

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer