Skip to main content

Can I try to get guardianship over my nephew if my sister signed over her rights to an adoption agency?

Las Vegas, NV |

Do I, being my nephews aunt, have rights? My sister signed her rights over to an adoption agency and the baby fathers rights have been terminated by court? Can i try and adopt my nephew or apply for permanet guardianship over him?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


You really do not have any rights as a child's aunt. You can try to adopt but because your sister has signed over her rights to an adoption agency, you cannot apply for guardianship..... Please consult an adoption attorney.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer