Can I travel to Saudi Arabia with US Refugee Travel document ?

Brooklyn, NY |

If not, what Should I do ? is there any other way to go there ?
My National passport is expired.

Sure, if the Saudis agree to issue you a visa to enter their country. Call their consulate in NYC and find out what the requirements are.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

I've tried many times to contact them but it seems they don't want anyone to go there !!

I dont think refugee status to the US gives you the right to enter Saudi Arabia. It will depend on your nationality and whether you can give a visa to visit.

Business Immigration Attorney. For H, L, J, EB5s, PERM and EB1/2/3 Petitions. Call 800-688-7892 or visit www.ImmigrationDesk.com. Law Office of Anu Gupta. The advice suggested here is for general information only. It is not to be construed as legal advice. We promise to zealously represent you - but as with any legal matter, we cannot predict the approval of your case based on our past successes. Each case is different. If you are in a similar situation, we would recommend that you contact us to discuss your case.

Yes, poeple from my country are allowed to enter saudi arabia but the thing is that My national passport is expired. and I can't use it. I heard some countries don't accept US Refugee travel document, Only regular Passports.

If you are a refugee or asylee, you can use a Refugee Travel Document in a similar manner as a passport; if you already have your green card, you can also apply for a re-entry permit (good for two years) instead of a RTD (good for one year) and it can be used in the same way. You are not treated as a citizen of the USA, so whether you would be allowed to enter Saudi Arabia would depend on whether their Embassy would issue you a visa (if you are from a country that would require a visa to travel to Saudi Arabia). You would want to contact the Saudi Arabian Embassy and let them know your situation and see if a visa would be necessary and how to apply for one.

Another issue to consider is whether you should travel to Saudi Arabia. If you ara refugee/asylee from Saudi Arabia, it is in your interests to not travel to your country of origin/country of claimed persecution. If this is your situation, but you have a need to return to Saudi Arabia then you should definitely consult with an immigration attorney prior to any travel outside the USA and most especially to your country of origin.

a Re-entry permit is used a Passport, too ? So, If I have my GC, I won't need a refugee travel document ? the Re-entry permit is recognized as a passport ? I'm not a citizen of Saudi Arabia. and my nationality is good to enter Saudi arabia but my concern is wether or not Saudi arabia accepts US refugee travel document or the Re-entry permit.

Kara Lien Roberts

Kara Lien Roberts

Refugees and asylees can use them in a similar manner as passports. Whether or not you could enter a specific country depends on that country's rules (so when I said to contact the Embassy and let them know of your situation, I mean contact the Embassy/Consular office and let them know you are a refugee/asylee from X country in the USA and want to travel to Saudi Arabia on a RTD or Reentry permit and want to know if that would be acceptable for entry at the border and would it require a visa).

Kara Lien Roberts

Kara Lien Roberts

Try this website for contact information: http://www.saudiembassy.net/ Here is where you can find phone numbers and try to contact them via email: http://www.saudiembassy.net/contact/ And here are the contact info (including email addresses) for other locations: New York: 866 Second Ave., 5th Floor New York, NY 10017 (212) 752-2740 e-mail: usnycon@mofa.gov.sa Houston: 5718 Westheimer, Suite 1500 Houston, TX 77057 (713) 785-5577 e-mail: ustxcon@mofa.gov.sa Los Angeles: 2045 Sawtelle Blvd. Los Angeles, CA 90025 (310) 479-6000 e-mail: uscacon@mofa.gov.sa Visa Services: (310) 479-6000 x1037 e-mail: visa.uscacon@mofa.gov.sa

Thank you very much. I'll let you know what they say.

Kara Lien Roberts

Kara Lien Roberts

You are welcome. You don't have to let me know what they say :)

Well, if the Saudis give you a visa and let you enter, it should be no problem.

My question, though, is why did you get a refugee travel document? I ask because if you are a Saudi citizen and were granted asylum in the U.S. because you feared persecution in your home country, returning to Saudi Arabia may very well result in loss of your asylee status. In other words, try and come back to the U.S. and you might find the government trying to revoke your asylum status and have you deported back to Saudi Arabia, if that is your home country.

You give no information about your status or background, but I mention this just in case it applies to you. Good luck!

FREE INITIAL CONSULTATION AVAILABLE. Phone (646) 663-5902. Offices in Queens and Manhattan. Website located at ConroyImmigration.com. Our responses on this site do not create an attorney-client relationship. Our responses on this website are for educational purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice. Immigration and nationality law is a complex area of law which requires careful review of a person's particular circumstances. Do not rely on any answers provided on this site to make a decision on your case. For proper legal advice, you may contact us for a free initial consultation.

Thank you Mr.Conroy No, I'm not a citizen of Saudi Arabia. my family recently moved to saudi arabia, So i want to go visit them.

Charles Richard Conroy

Charles Richard Conroy

You're welcome. Good luck getting the Saudi visa, and have a safe trip.