Can i travel next year for another university on same visa ?

Syracuse, NY |

I'm medical student from Egypt. i got an invitation from university hospital to do a clinical rotation there & i got B1 VISA valid for 5 years.But, i won't be able to travel this year due to some family issues.
So, if i applied for another university and got accepted next year, can i travel on the same visa ?

You got your B1 visa to work in the U.S.? Is it a B1 in lieu of H1b? If there is a new employer, it seems to me you would need a new visa and to qualify again for the B1 in lieu of H1b.

The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an attorney to discuss your individual case.

no sir, i'm in egypt and haven't traveled to USA... it's not for work it's for education and that's the type of the visa sponsored by the university i applied for. what i'm asking about is will i be able to travel for another university next year on same visa or there will be a trouble facing me in the airport ?

Stephen D. Berman

Stephen D. Berman

I just cannot understand how you could get a B1 visa, to do a clinical rotation at a U.S. hospital, even for educational purposes. However the short answer is that if you are entering the U.S. for business purposes and intend to return to Egypt, you should be fine.

ok thanks a lot

I believe you will need a new visa.

The answer provided here is general in nature and does not take into account other factors that may need to be reviewed for a more precise answer. You should consult with an immigration attorney before taking any action. The answer here is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship.

why sir ?

I agree with my colleague.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

With mr/theodore or mr/ stephen ?