Can i travel abroad when EAD is in process?

Fords, NJ |

Hi
I am on L 2 visa here in US and hve applied for EAD on 21st jan 2013.my biometrics appointment is on 12th feb 2013. I plan to travel for vacation to Europe for 1 week in mid march. So now i will get a new i-94 on my return to US. Does that affect my EAD processing?
Thanks

Best Answer

So long as your status is intact, you can travel internationally. As for your EAD, don't miss the biometrics appointment and no issues should arise.

Thanks a lot.

You will be fine.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

F. J. Capriotti III

F. J. Capriotti III

I should probably add that travel out of the US while an EAD is in process is NOT an abandonment of the I-765.

Thanks a lot. Much appreciated.

Yes, provided you have a valid visa stamp to return to the US and your spouse is maintaining valid status.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

Thank you.