Can I travel abroad on OPT STEM with H1B approved

Niles, IL |

I have my H1B approved with start date of October 1st. My OPT does not expire until November and F1 is until May next year. Can I travel on F1 visa without any issues?

Nothing is risk free, but you should be able to be admitted on your F1 since you are still in OPT status.

The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an attorney to discuss your individual case.

No, because if you do that, you will need to have your H1B visa foil to return or another change of status request.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

No competent attorney can guarantee that you can do so "without any issues"

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.