Skip to main content

Can I transfer my child to the school in my school zone if the school is in the same Orange County School district as her Father

Orlando, FL |

Our parenting agreement, that was signed in Orange County Florida, stated, that Father's residence shall be the residence for determining the school district the child shall attend, it also stated that child shall spend all week nights with Mother.

By agreement every second weekend she spend with her dad and one day during the week till 8 pm My ex-husband disagrees with the transfer.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


This would fall under "shared parental responsibility" - so have you discussed the potential transfer with your ex-husband?

You should consult an attorney for advice regarding your individual situation since every case is different and not all information is relayed in an online question. The Law Office of Ophelia Bernal-Mora, P.A. is a family law firm located in Orlando, Florida, we invite you to contact us and welcome your calls at 407-354-5223. Contacting us does not create an attorney-client relationship. Please do not send any confidential information to us until such time as an attorney-client relationship has been established.


If the Father disagrees and his address is the one designated for school, you cannot move your child without the Court's permission.

This information is a general answer and is not specific to any particular case. Carin Manders Constantine, Esq. 727-456-0032/ 727-488-8272


I would make sure that the Father agrees with it before I simply made the transfer. Otherwise, you could end up really disrupting the child's life if the child has to bounce between schools. Think about the child's best interest first and let that guide your decisions.

Bill Rosenfelt 407-462-8787 (Orlando)

Please be advised that any answers or information disseminated above do not constitute legal advice and that the attorney responsible for this posting is merely attempting to participate in a Q & A session intended to be helpful but certainly not intended to be legal advice. It is important that you understand that no attorney-client relationship has been formed and that the attorney has no obligation to follow up with you with your legal issue unless you separately contact said attorney and arrange for him to legally represent you.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer