I went to court in MD with my boyfriend to request a marriage license today. However, we find out there are something still hard to go through between us and we really want to wait. It looks like the marriage will be effective after 48 hours. We haven't had a ceremony yet. What should we do If we really want to wait and do not want the marriage being effectively? Is the only option a divorce?