Skip to main content

Can I take this matter to court? And if so will I be responsible for court fees?

Naperville, IL |

I have a friend which I rented a car for with the verbal understanding that I will be reinbursed, but nothing in writing. He's still stating he will pay me back but never when. He has racked up tickets and tolls. With the rental fees exceeding a total of $4000.

+ Read More

Filed under: Small claims court
Attorney answers 1


Yes, you can take it to small claims court. Court fees may or may not be assessed against the loser of the case.