Skip to main content

Can I take my ex-husband back into court to make him pay for half of our daughters braces like it says in the divorce paper?

Leesburg, FL |

Our daughter has been wearing braces for 5 months and I have made all 5 payments on them. Her father is responsible for 50% of everything not covered by insurance including braces and he claims he can not pay. Can I take him back to court or do I have to wait longer? If I can take him to court what do I have to file?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


In Utah, if it states that he pay in the Divorce Decree/judgment then you can do an Order to Show Cause to show he is not complying with the Divorce Decree and therefore get a judgment against him to enforce such.

Brian Arnold Esq.
Arnold & Wadsworth


If he agreed to it, you should file a motion to enforce that agreement.

Robert Ricci, Jr., Esq.
1743 St. Georges Avenue
Rahway, NJ 07065

Legal disclaimer: In accordance with the Avvo community guidelines, this communication does not constitute "legal advice", nor does it form an attorney-client relationship.


Your former husband is in contempt of court if he has the ability to comply with the judgment. There is no waiting period. However, if the court finds that he does not have the ability to pay when you have a hearing, he may not be in contempt, but the court should at least enter a judgment for the amount or add it to what he owes in child support and maybe order it paid over a period of time.



HI my name JULIANA AM FROM ESPANIO i want to DR ABULU who help me with my problems. My husband and i have been married for eight years now ,we live happily as good couples until a friend of mine cast a spell on my husband. he abandoned me and his family, he didn’t even want to see me at all because he was under a spell. it was now getting to six months since my husband abandoned me and i was frustrated and don’t know what to do until i meet this great spell caster on line, I tell him my problems and he give me four days assurance that he will come back to me. He help me break the spell that was caste on my husband and to my greatest surprise the fourth day my husband came knocking on my door and beg me for forgiveness. once again thank you DR ABULU you can also contact him through his mail