Skip to main content

Can I take my case back to court after being on probation?

Austin, TX |

So after 2 years of fighting a case I knew I was not guilty for my court appointed attorney scared me into taking a plea bargain . He said that if I went to a jury trail that there was a chance they would find me guilty and the outcome could be much worse for me . Biggest mistake I've ever made . I should have never taken the plea bargain because I was not guilty and I know I would have won my case. I was only 18. I was naive and scared and the only person there for me was this lousy attorney whom I trusted. This whole situation has ruined my life in so many ways. I know If I had taken to trail, a jury of normal people would have found me not guilty. Is there anything I can do to bring justice or did I make a giant mistake and sealed the deal?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Attorneys licensed in TX will give the definitive answer to your question, but I will offer my opinion in the meantime. The chances of taking back your pleas at this point are slim and none. Sorry, but that's the way I see it. To be certain you should meet privately with a good criminal defense attorney in Travis to give you the final word on this.


About your only option is consulting an appellate attorney to see if you have grounds to try to get your case overturned on a writ of habeas corpus.

Macy Jaggers's answer to a legal question on Avvo does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Ms. Jaggers offers everyone a free consultation to discuss their case. Feel free to call her office at 214-365-9800 to make an appointment (phones are answered 24 hours) or visit her website at for more information about her services and recent victories.


It is very difficult to try to and be successful in a motion to withdraw your former plea of guilty. Judges disfavor these motions, even when filed timely. Consult with a criminal defense attorney in your area to see what the chances are in front of that judge based on the facts you assert. There are governing rules of criminal procedure that set timelines to act. Act now.

I am trying to give you a general answer to your question. We do not have an attorney-client relationship by this response on the avvo website. I have not been retained to represent you. I am licensed to practice law in Kentucky and in federal court in this state and the Southern District of Indiana. You need to seek legal advice from an attorney licensed to practice in your area..

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer