Skip to main content

Can I take legal action against an online blog that is harassing me?

Bremerton, WA |

I live in Washington state, and am being harassed by a blog writer online. He has used my personal photo and name without my permission to harass me, insult me with homophobic slurs, and release personal and private information. I have tried to contact the blog host ( but I have only gotten automated messages back, saying I must take legal action if I want the content removed. I am a minor. Is there any legal action I can take? How would I do it, if it's possible?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


If you are a minor, you need to talk to your parents to determine if they will take action on your behalf as your guardian.

The information is for general information purposes only. Nothing stated above should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation.