Skip to main content

Can i take legal action against a former employee under the "tortious interference " law due to losing money and hours

Arvada, CO |

my new job will not allow me to contract any job sent from my previous employer due to threat of account cancellation

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


What you are talking about is "tortious interference with contract." You need to sit down and talk with an attorney about this. The attorney will question you about what accounts or contracts have not gone through as a result of their interference and exactly what damages or economic losses you suffered from the interference. It is a very fact-specific and case-specific situation. No one here on Avvo can give you a blanket answer of yes or no. You simply need to sit down with an attorney and discuss your specific circumstances.

The information provided in this answer does not create an attorney-client relationship. If you are interested in his legal services, feel free to call Chris at (303) 409-7635 at his law office in the Denver Tech Center. All initial consultations are free of charge.


You can sue anyone for anything at any time. However, if you want to know what your chances of success are, you need to sit down with an attorney and discuss the specifics of your claim.

You can reach Harkess & Salter LLC at (303) 531-5380 or Stephen Harkess is an attorney licensed in the state and federal courts of Colorado. This answer is for general information only and does not create an attorney client relationship between Stephen Harkess or Harkess & Salter LLC and any person. You should schedule a consultation with an attorney to discuss the specifics of your legal issues.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer