Skip to main content

Can I take legal action?

England, AR |

I found a rats tail in my salad, I was left extremely shocked and disturbed, I want to take legal action against the owner of this cafe, What law is applicable to this case?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Folks post all the time on this forum about finding disgusting things in food, either at restaurants or in packages. The reality is that while I can understanding you being "shocked and disturbed", unless you suffered actual injuries and damages you don't have the ability to bring a successful lawsuit. In addition to complaining to the café owner and seeing what he or she is willing to do (maybe a free meal the next time, if you ever decide to go back?), you could also complain to your local health department. Best of luck to you...

THESE COMMENTS MUST NOT BE CONSIDERED LEGAL ADVICE. Comments made on websites such as are provided for information purposes only, and you should not base a decision to act or refrain from acting based upon this answer. The only way to determine how the law may apply to your particular situation is to consult with an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction. Answering this question does not create an attorney-client relationship or otherwise require further consultation. . That relationship is established by the execution of a written agreement for legal services. Also, see Avvo's terms and conditions of use, specifically item 9, incorporated by this reference.


Without injury, a lawsuit would be fruitless.


The other lawyers are right, and this is not a class action.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer