Skip to main content

Can i take custody if i feel the baby is in bad hands

Austin, TX |

Me and girl split up and she went back with her ex girlfriend and that relationship is a domestic relationship and i have witnesses and proof of a camera showing how one day she went to the work place and beat her up i feel my baby is in a bad environment what chances do i have of getting full custody once the baby is born can i open a casr already with the baby not being born yet

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


This is family law question and not a family violence question. There are certainly some factors in your favor.
Family Violence Lawyer

My answers are intended only as general legal advice and are not intended to create an attorney-client relationship. There is no substitute for a full consultation with a local experienced criminal defense attorney. For more answers based on my 19 years of experience visit my website,


I agree with the previous attorney. You may have some advantages when requesting consservatorship, but this is not an actual family violence issue.


Maybe. The overriding factor will be what is in the best interest of the child. If the child is in an unstable environment, abandoned and not being cared for properly, than you have good cause to seek custody of the child. You need to hire an attorney to discuss this further. I handled these types of cases a lot in Travis County and I also offer a free initial consultation.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer