Skip to main content


Mesa, AZ |

im living in arizona and i heard i can not apply for a state identification card. the only ID i have is my employment authorization card but i did get a social security number.
i want to travel in the united states to another state not outside of the US but i want to take a flight am i allow to take a flight?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


Yes, you may travel within the U.S.

Please click the link at the very bottom for additional information.

Carl Shusterman, Esq.
Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
Schedule a Legal Consultation - Telephonic, Skype or In-Person
600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
Los Angeles, CA 90017
(213) 394-4554 x0
Web: (English) (Spanish)

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.


Yes, absolutely.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.


I agree with my colleagues as long as you remain within the US

Alexus P. Sham (917) 498-9009. The above information is only general in nature and does not constitute legal advice. It does not create an attorney-client relationship.


As long as you remain within the United States, then you should not have any inadmissibility issues since you are already present in the country with deferred action. As for the ID cards, you are correct that Arizona currently is unwilling to issue ID Cards or Driver's Licenses to those who are granted employment authorization under the DACA program - this is based off of an executive order from Governor Jan Brewer. You should be fine to fly within the country.

Answers on Avvo are general in nature and do not constitute legal advice; specific answers require knowledge of all the facts. You should consult with an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advice upon which you can reasonably rely.