Skip to main content

Can i sue the owner of a playcentre for an unsafe environment? (safety issues that will prevent more injuries in the future

Victor, IA |

my son was walking towards me whilst he walked over a metal plate that was bolted to the floor where vinyl is layed. he slipped fell cut his eye and had immediate swelling a brusing. that metal plate looked like it wasnt meant to be there at all .. how can i go about this?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Yes. Talk to a personal injury attorney in your area.

For more information: By the very nature of Avvo, you have only provided limited facts and no documentation, therefore, our response to your question is treated only as a hypothetical, and as such it is merely general in nature. You should not rely on this response in taking or forgoing action in your circumstances without discussing this matter with an attorney. If we had the opportunity to ask you sufficient questions and review relevant documents so that we were satisfied we had all of the relevant facts and circumstances, our response might differ significantly. Without the opportunity to ask you questions, and review all relevant documents and memoranda, we are simply unable to provide any form of legal advice. Our response to your question does not create any attorney-client relationship between us, and we are not acting as your attorney. We reserve the right to decline representation in any case. By answering your question, we are under no obligation to answer further questions. There are very specific deadlines for filing a lawsuit, replying to a lawsuit filed against you, or taking other action in order to preserve your legal rights. You should contact an attorney immediately in order to be fully advised of your rights, and so that you are aware of those deadlines. If you fail to act within the required time frame, you might be forever barred from asserting your rights or defending your position. The attorney answering this question is licensed in Illinois and Iowa only.


The first thing you should do is take numerous pictures of the condition you describe. What you do beyond that depends on the severity of your son's injury and your objectives. If you are considering legal action, you should contact a personal injury lawyer before going any further.


Take photos and consult with a local experienced personal injury attorney ASAP.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer