Skip to main content

Can I sue the doctors and hospital for ending my motherless life ? My mom was injected with something and died instantly .

Pecos, TX |

She was 77 . She went for a consultation for a heart pump that would help blood circulate . The doctor said no but we can insert a stent , it will take 20 minutes and 1 day recovery . Two hours later after she was admitted , they told us the tent would not work and 1 day later she died . The never got around to the stent , instead they said she had an infection and would try to find it . Her cardiologist certified this visit to Temple , TX . He never inserted a stent when I asked him , but the Dr at temple offered to insert it . These 2 are colleagues . Death Certificate states Cause of death was Sepsis ; 2 days , and Biventricular heart failure ; 1 year . I have a 15 page report of what happen . My mom did not go there to die , she went there for a consultation and with her medical record , the doctor

should have known that inserting a stent was not possible. She became incoherent as soon as she was admitted.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 7


Whether or not there was negligence will be dependent upon a review by a qualiifed medical malpratice attorney. You should go to the "find a lawyer" tab.


I am sorry to learn of the loss of your mother. The question of whether or not you have a viable medical malpractice lawsuit depends on what an expert physician says after review of the medical records. I suggest that you contact a qualified medical malpractice attorney to help evaluate your case.

Medical malpractice cases are complex and I believe that clients are best served by contacting an experienced medical malpractice attorney. After all, results matter! You are welcome to contact me at 281-580-8800 or This Avvo comment does not create an attorney-client relationship and is for informational purposes only.


Yours is a medical question, not a legal question. Contact a medical malpractice attorney in your area to discuss what happened. Then, you can decide with your attorney whether a medical doctor should be consulted to determine if there was negligence involved with treating your mother. Sorry what happened to your mother. Good luck!

This response is given solely as a general response to the question and does not create an attorney / client relationship between the questioner and responder.


I am sorry to hear about your loss. Unfortunately, these things happen. Sometimes they happen because people made mistakes. You need to contact a medical malpractice lawyer who is well versed in the standards of care involving your mother's operation. Based on your question something went seriously wrong and you don't have all of the answers. A medical malpractice lawyer will be able to help you understand and guide you through the process. Good luck to you.

Although Avvo makes it clear to consumers that attorney answers to questions are for general purposes only and do not establish an attorney-client relationship, some attorneys prefer to add their own disclaimers to answers. You can set your custom disclaimer here and it will be automatically added to your answers.


I’m sorry to hear about the loss of your mother. The only way to know if there was malpractice is to retain a local med mal lawyer who can order the medical records and send them to an expert to review to ascertain whether there was a breach of the standard of care. I’m sorry, but my firm only handles birth injury cases, failure to diagnose cancer cases, and wrong site surgery cases.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755


I am sorry for your loss.

Yes, you can sue the doctors and the hospital. The Texas constitution guarantees all citizens free access to our courts. This means that anyone can sue anyone, at any time, anywhere, for any reason and for any amount of money, all without first proving anything to anyone. However, filing a lawsuit and winning one are two entirely different things.

I suggest that you consult an Odessa lawyer who is certified in Personal Injury Trial Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. A link to the Board's website appears below.

Good luck.


The answers you seek can only be found by a detailed review of the medical records. One of my attorneys here is a practicing interventional cardiologist so we can get a review accomplished quickly. If interested, go to

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer