Can I sue the bank?

Staten Island, NY |

I sent subpoena to bank. They must be friends with defendant because they let defendant know what was going on and then closed off his account. They also let defendant fill out questionaire with incorrect info and it was notarized at that bank.

If you can prove what you say yes. Not an easy case to prove.

If you'd like to discuss, please feel free to call. Jeff Gold Gold, Benes, LLP 1854 Bellmore Ave Bellmore, NY 11710 Telephone -516.512.6333 Email - Jgold@goldbenes.com

The point is is that its a court subpoena which was suppose to be sent or faxed from the bank to the legal department to handle.i won a court case against a person who owes me money due to damages he's done to my truck and he refuses to pay me that was why I went back to court to serve his bank a subpoena.thenmain branch was not suppose to by law keep the subpoena and help the defendant out they were suppose to fax or forward it to the legal department for the bank.its court ordered that they put a freeze on the person account instead of doing that they closed his account for him and had him fill out the questioniere which again he had no business or legal right to do.i did not serve him I served the bank the paper work was paper work for the bank to fill out.

The point of the matter is is that only the banks legal department is to sign the paper work not the defendant who the case is against .they were not aloud to let him sign anything period thanks for response

A notary does not verify what someone writes; the notary only verifies the person is who they say they are.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and now handle criminal defense and personal injury/civil rights cases. Feel free to check out my web site and contact me at (212) 577-9797 or via email at Eric@RothsteinLawNY.com. I was named to the Super Lawyers list as one of the top attorneys in New York for 2012. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers. The above answer is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.

If you can prove your claims regarding the subpoena then you may have a claim on that issue.

You cannot sue regarding the notarization. The notary only confirms the signer's identity but is not responsible for the contents of the document.

It is always advisable to contact an attorney. For a consultation, please contact my office at 516-669-3295. We are located in West Babylon, NY and proudly offer very low rates and free consultations. <a href="http://www.LouisLSternbergLaw.com">Please visit us on the web.</a>