Skip to main content

Can I sue someone for storage fee of a vehicle that was in my carport for 5yrs? Do I sue from '05 or '08 when drive was empty?

Charleston, SC |

My brother committed suicide in 2005 since then I have housed his truck and want my mom to move it. In 2005 she did not have parking space in her driveway to house the truck but since 2008 she did have adequite parking in her driveway but never ask to have the truck move back to her driveway. I have a 4 car covered carport with 6 cars in my yard. I plan to send a certified letter asking her to move it and informing that I will charge a $25/day storage fee. Is this appropiate?

+ Read More

Filed under: Lawsuits and disputes
Attorney answers 1


No. Without a valid contract she would not be responsible for this. By the way, who does the car presently belong to? Whose name is it titled in?


If you found this answer helpful, let me know by clicking the Thumbs-Up tab at the bottom. You may mark this as a Best Answer for the time I spent crafting this and thinking about your matter.

My comments are not intended to establish an attorney-client relationship, are not confidential, and are not intended to constitute legal advice. Proper legal advice can only be given by an attorney who agrees to represent you, who reviews the facts of your specific case, who does not have a conflict of interest preventing the representation, and who is licensed to practice in the appropriate jurisdiction where the legal issue may be filed or in the state where the law applies.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer