Can I sue someone for making a fake facebook account of me with a profile picture of me smoking marijuana?

Philadelphia, PA |

a former friend who I had a falling out with texted me today saying he will make a new facebook account under my name and use a picture of me with the glass bowl as the profile picture ( thereby when employers or graduate schools google my name they might see it in the search results)

now that I have his admission on a text message from his personal cell phone number that he is willing to blackmail me on facebook and impersonate me on the internet, is that enough proof to sue someone just in case he actually goes through with making a fake facebook account or other social netoworking accounts under my identity? will his phone company release phone records which i have proof of if he actually impersonates me

the glass bowl suggest i was smoking marijuana but it is inconclusive, it could be tobacco or even nutmeg but an educated guess would conclude it is marijuana

Wait and see if he does it, then talk with an attorney. Or have an attorney send him a threatening letter.

My name is Stephen R. Cohen and have practiced since 1974. I practice in Los Angeles and Orange County, CA. These answers do not create an attorney client relationship. My answers may offend I believe in telling the truth, I use common sense as well as the law. Other state's laws may differ.. There are a lot of really good attorneys on this site, I will do limited appearances which are preparation of court documents it is , less expensive. However generally I believe an attorney is better than none.

Report the abuse to FB

I would pay a lawyer to write a threatening letter saying that if he does do, it you will sue him for defamation and slander.