Skip to main content

Can I sue New Hanover Co., North Carolina and or the department of social services and or an individual worker at the dss?

Wilmington, NC |

My children have been put in the care of my mother-in-law. She doesn't want them. She is abusing the children. DSS has lied to us and cheated the rules of a DSS-5231 NC Safety Assessment on several occasions. my wife has a problems, and yet DSS has overlooked all of her criminal records, which include Child abuse twice and drug related felonies and still allows them to stay with her at my mother-in-laws home. My mother-in-law has been accused of killing two of her husbands, but DSS hasn't checked her background. My children love me and want to live with me. DSS has mandated that I not call or see my children, that have been with me all my life and that they not be allowed any contact with me. I am DAV and am able to keep and wtcth my kids always. I have no Criminal record of ant sorts.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


Generally agencies are largely immune from suits of this type. However, your situation may have special factors - so you should consult with a local family law attorney to discuss it in detail.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer