Skip to main content

Can I sue my university for denying me financial aid I qualified for?

Rialto, CA |

I am a U-visa student. I attend a California State University.I am aware because AB 1899 was signed into law on September 24, 2012, I should have qualified for the following: In-state tuition rates, Board of Governors fee waivers,State financial aid (Cal Grants) and Institutional aid. To this date, I was never offered any of this aid, and I am still currently being argued and questioned against by the counselor of Financial aid and scholarships. I do have an attorney helping me but the counselor does not seem to understand. I contacted other staff but still have no solution. I do not know whether I will receive any aid yet, since they canceled my FAFSA application and school is about to start.have the I just wanted to know if there was any case if I were to continuously be denied aid

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


What does your attorney say? Why ask here if you have an attorney?

No legal advice here. READ THIS BEFORE you contact me! My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must not be relied upon as if they were legal advice. I give legal advice ONLY in the course of a formal attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by joint execution of a written agreement for legal services. My law firm does not provide free consultations. Please do not call or write to me with a “few questions” that require me to analyze the specific facts of your history and your license application and prescribe for you how to get a State license. Send me an email to schedule a paid Consultation for that kind of information, direction, and assistance. My law firm presently accepts cases involving State and federal licenses and permits; discipline against State and federal licenses; and disciplinary and academic challenges to universities, colleges, boarding schools, and private schools. We take cases of wrongful termination or employment discrimination only if the claims involve peace officers, universities or colleges.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer