Skip to main content

Can I sue my parents who have legal custody of my son for parental alienation, In his psych. records he says he's been abused by

Charlotte, NC |

his Grandparents and told awful things about me (his mother). I have already filed contempt of court charges against them for all the judges orders they ignored (visitation, not notifying me when my son is sick or hospitalized and the latest getting an ex parte emergency custody order that I cannot have any contact with my son until the hearing 7/16/12), The motion was filed 6/1/12, which is strange in itself. My understanding is that the hearing should be within 10 days of the filing of the motion. I have complied with the motion and have become physically ill because of the stress this has caused me. I have enough evidence that i am hopeful the Judge will reward custody back to me, but I still want my parents to pay for the things they did to their own grandchild.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


Parental alienation is a custody term, not a separate cause of action. Since you already have a custody suit going you just present your evidence of their behavior at the trial.

The information contained in this answer is not intended to be legal advice as the drafter of the answer does not know particular details about your case. For more information please visit our website

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer