Skip to main content

Can I sue my father for physical abuse and emotional distress?

Minneapolis, MN |

He has been physically abusing me and causing me emotional distress and mental trauma. I plunged into severe suicidal clinical depression because of it. He has been doing it since I was a little girl and hasn't stopped till now and I am 21.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


I suggest reposting this to personal injury attorneys as this is more up their alley.

Disclaimer: This email message in no way creates an attorney client relationship between Majeski Law, LLC and the recipient. Responses are general in nature and do not constitute legal advice. You should consult a lawyer regarding any specific legal matter.


I'm sorry to hear about your circumstances; however, Intentional Infliction of Emotional Distress is actually a torts claim. Why don't you re-post this question in the personal injury area of Avvo. Those attorneys deal with those types of claims more regularly, and may be able to provide you with better advice.

Best Wishes,

Dana C. Rindahl is an attorney/partner at Perez & Rindahl Law, LLC. We are located at 842 Raymond Avenue, Suite 200, Saint Paul, MN 55114. Any information we have provided on this site does not establish an attorney/client relationship. We encourage you to contact us for a formal consultation that will allow for us to both obtain more information from you and to look at all of the evidence surrounding the case. Please do not hesitate to contact us at 763-463-0367.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer