Skip to main content

Can I sue my ex for back health insurance if I have been paying it when he was ordered?

Coventry, RI |

My ex was ordered to pay for my sons health care. He figured since I had to pay for the family plan for my other son (who is not his) thenhe would just quit his job. That fully paid family health care. I have asked him several times to put my son back on his health care and he refuses. Can I sue him for all the years I have been paying it. Also my son is now 18 can he still go back on my ex's plan?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


If this is a Rhode Island case you may file a motion seeking to adjudge him in contempt. However, if the order did not require your ex to pay for health insurance beyond the boy's 18th birthday you will probably not be able to get him to pay for it now. As always, without a complete consultation I can merely offer guidance, not advice. You should have a complete discussion with a qualified attorney in order to obtain the best advice.

Feel free to contact me directly to discuss this matter.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer