Skip to main content

Can I sue my ex father in law for sexual assaulting my child?

Dallas, TX |

He is awaiting trail but has admitted to the facts of the case. Can I sue him? He get a retirement and social security once a month. Will he still get these once convicted? I would like this to go into a trust fund for the child because he does not need money where he is going.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


Can you sue? Absolutely. Whether there's anything substantial that makes the cost of a lawsuit worthwhile is another question. If you're confident he'll be convicted, either by a plea or after trial, then that makes the work in the civil suit that much easier, but you've got to file within the applicable time frame to be able to sue.

Contact a good personal injury attorney in your area to discuss this.