Skip to main content

Can i sue my ex-boyfriend for blackmailing me with a naked video of me?

New York, NY |

well my ex-boyfriend and I recently broke up, he has a video of me and he told me that if I dont get back with him, he would put it up in all the social networks! he hast threatened me with other sort of agressions too! I even fear for my life. The problem is that he lives in New York and i live in Ecuador. what can i do?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


You can probably sue for a court order prohibiting him from doing anything with the video. You can probably in a manner that will get you an immediate restraining order. My office number is 212-385-8015 and a link to my web site it below.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and now handle criminal defense and personal injury/civil rights cases. Feel free to check out my web site and contact me at (212) 385-8015 or via email at The above answer is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.


I am sorry to hear about your situation. You can try to take him to court on an emergency basis by filing an Order to Show Court. It would seek a restraining notice. It is up to the Judge whether it will be granted or not.

You should contact an attorney to discuss your questions as additional information would be helpful.

Our firm has many years of experience in this field.

I wish you the best of luck.

Please remember that I do not normally monitor these questions after I have posted a reply.

Free phone consultation Monday — Thursday 1-5 pm.
Hayley Greenberg
Greenberg & Merola, LLP
Attorneys at Law
521 5th Ave. Ste. 1700
New York, NY 10175
(212) 593-6111, facsimile (516) 887-1720
(Additional offices: Brooklyn, Queens, Long Island)

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer