Skip to main content

Can I sue my doctor for wrongly diagnosing me with Myotonic Dystrophy over five years ago?

Merrillville, IN |

For five years I have lived with this diagnosis. I have battled with social security disability. I have taken a handful of pain medication every single day. The DEA decided to investigate my doctor. Now all of a sudden, I no longer have the diagnosis, nor do I have the pain medications. I am suffering with extreme pain every day, but I feel that I am also addicted to the pain medication that my doctor stopped cold turkey. Please help me.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


If your doctor misdiagnosed you then you may have claim against him. Whether the claim is financially worthwhile is a question for the local lawyer you should speak with about it. If the doctor intentionally misdiagnosed you in some sort of insurance scheme, then you should not only speak with a lawyer, you should report him to the police and the state licensing board.

This response is not intended to act as legal advice. I am not licensed to practice law in any state other than the State of Illinois. No attorney-client relationship is formed until you sign an attorney-client agreement with my office.


although we are one of the larger personal injury firms in nw indiana we do not do med mal because of the indiana med mal laws making these cases very restrictive. we refer everyone to dan vinovich in highland at 924 2427. he has an active med mal practice and is very thoughtful. give him a call. you are welcome to use my name if you wish. good luck


First and foremost you must see another doctor immediately. You must determine what the accurate diagnosis is to determine whether the doctor should have done things differently and also to determine what the best action is for your own health and well being.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer