Skip to main content

Can I sue my doctor for malpractice and abandonment?

Slate Hill, NY |

I had hernia repair on sept 6th 2013 i had ran fevers and vomiting for three days my family had called the doctor and reported it to him he had claimed that it was normal the next day my mother in-law took my to urgent care they them self's said there was some thing wrong and they had called the ER and sent me there where i was admitted to find out that the mesh that was put in was infected and the doctor over looked all of the warning signs the er doctor told us another couple of days i could have died... the next day i went back in for surgery to remove the mesh, i spent 8 days in the hospital really couldn't walk nothing, they sent me home with my body collecting fluid i than began to go to the surgeon every two days to be drained.. my doctor had just up and left with out a warning...

I finally my stomach ripped opened in front of my children blood every where and had to be brought out in ambulance, than the ER doctor had put on a colostomy bag for draining which he said should had been done from the beginning. i had seen my doctor last week went back this week because i see him every four days now and they tell me that he had resigned, im still not recovered and still have my hernia hang out there , worse pain i could have ever had, lost my job do to this and lost a docotr who just left me out there to figure all of this out my mother inlaw threaded to sue and the doctors office sent me to see a breast cancer doctor because they didnt know what to do.........i dont know what to do im just so mad and up set that i would be left with a hole with fluid coming out of it by a doctor....and still infection there i dont know what to do...

+ Read More

Attorney answers 7


You may well have suit for malpractice depending in what your damages. That would be very difficult to determine online, so you should seek a consultation with a malpractice attorney.



thank you


A local malpractice lawyer can order all your records to investigate


Please see a local, experienced medical malpractice attorney as soon as possible. Good luck.


First, you need to get quality medical care to properly treat your present issues. Then you should consult with an experienced NY medical malpractice attorney.


You should seek the assistance of a local medical malpractice attorney. You may have a medical malpractice claim. However, it is necessary that you retrieve your medical records from the hospital, as well as, any other medical records from physicians, with whom you have treated regarding this issue. These cases can be very complicated and it will be necessary that a expert physician review your records on an attorney's behalf.


Your medical history is most unfortunate. You should focus on two issues:1. Make sure you are currently being treated by quality healthcare professionals;2. When you are well enough, arrange to meet with a medical malpractice attorney to review your medical history.

The responses provided to your questions are not legal advice, do not create any attorney client relationship, and are provided for informational purposes only.


Take care of yourself medically and ask the new treating physician if he or she thinks that your last doctor committed malpractice. They may not want to comment the issue of malpractice, but it is worth asking. Regardless of the new doctor's response, you should consult an experienced attorney at once your medical condition improves. Good luck and I hope you have a speedy recovery.

The information provided herein is for informational purposes and should not be construed to establish an attorney client relationship. To establish such a relationship, the prospective client would need to meet with me in person, and have a detailed discussion about all the facts and circumstances surrounding your case.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer