Skip to main content

Can i sue my company from falling off a step when their railing stops at the second to last step?

Ashland, NH |

I fell off the step at work cause i thought that their wasn't anymore steps cause the railing ends at the second to last step. I actually did tons of pt and then got surgery on my knee and then did more pt for about a year and it still hurts the doc says it will never be the same and i cant knell or squat anymore. sue i was wondering what can i do about this.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3

Best Answer

You need to consult with an attorney in New Hampshire who handles personal injury and/or workers compensation claims on behalf of injured people. In most states, your only recover against your employer is for workers compensation benefits. Have you been receiving comp? Did you employer pay your medical bills and some lost wage benefits to you while you were disabled as a result of this incident? If so, you probably are limited to just that recovery from your employer. But if your employer is a tenant in a building that is owned by somebody else, then you might have a claim against the owner of the building. Again, you should consult with an attorney.

Legal disclaimer: The comments above by Dale Larrimore, Esq. are provided as general information and not as a legal opinion or legal advice, because all facts are not available. The person requesting information and all others reading the answer should retain an attorney in your state who can examine the complete facts and provide a legal opinion on your case. All information provided in the above answer and other information provided by Dale Larrimore, Esq., of Larrimore & Farnish, LLP, does not create an attorney/client relationship within any state or under Federal law.


please contact a local personal injury attorney, who also specializes in worker's compensation claims. Generally, you cannot sue your employer, but you should be eligible for worker's compensation benefits, which vary by state. If someobe other than your employer ( a third party) owns the property, you may have a third party bodily injury claim for your pain and suffering, and other damages. Please don't delay in seeking a consultation, as there are statute of limitations which will aply to your claim, and you want to make sure you don't miss any deadlines.

These comments are provided as a public service and are not intended to constitute legal advice. No attorney-client relationship has been created.


Gather our medical records, incident report and anything else you might have related to the accident and set up an appointment with a local personal injury attorney ASAP - there is a statute of limitations, which means that if you wait too long, you will not be able to sue.

Good luck to you.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer