Skip to main content

Can I sue my college for the following reason ?

Berkeley, CA |

I am a international student studying in USA on F1 visa.
I just transferred from community college in Missouri to this college in California.

There were list of things required for admission. But I was unable to complete my TB test requirement because the college health center was closed and when it opened there was a big queue. So my International student advisor told me that go ahead and register for classes. Then I registered for the class and also paid college tution & fees in full. So all these things were being done before i had even been admitted to the college.

Now that the TB test result have come positive. They told me to take another Chest Test and if that test comes out positive too, then i will be denied admission in the college and my tution and fees also won't be refunded

+ Read More

Attorney answers 6


Sorry ... this is not an immigration question.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.


Of course, your international advisor will never confirm that he said what you said he said. Therefore, any suit will be futile - his word against yours. Besides, you won't want to commence any lawsuit as no attorney will represent you without a substantial retainer. This is not the kind of case where any lawyer worth his salt would undertake to handle on a contingency basis.



I have a email from her school email address where she said that thing. Can this change the case?

Boris Alexander Palant

Boris Alexander Palant


Take it to a local litigation attorney. And be prepared to pay. Also show this email to your school officials before anything else


Not an immigration law questin.

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.


Post your question in the litigation category.

This answer is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice.


Not an immigration question


Focus your efforts on getting a clear TB test.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer