Can I sue my attorney?

Greenville, MS |

I hired a lawyer for an abuse case against a nursing home. While I was away he gave some wrongful advice to one of my family members. My family member got into my checking account thinking it was okay because it was on our dad's account. But what they failed to realize it was a "joint account with survivorship and not for tenants in common". I have already filed a complaint with the FDIC about the bank. What is the legal way to deal with my lawyer?

Filed under: Lawsuits and disputes

In short, yes, you can sue your attorney. However, from your described situation I can't see where your lawyer did anything to be civilly liable to you. You'll need to consult with an attorney of your choosing for specific advice.

This creates NO attorney-client relationship and all answers are for general information. All persons are encouraged to consult with a licensed attorney of their choosing for advice specific to their need(s).

Yes, but you'll have to explain your claim in detail to the attorney you chose to handle it.

This response is not intended to create an attorney client relationship and is based on the limited information available at the time of the response. Before acting on anything stated or referenced in this response you should consult with an attorney of your choosing and go over the specific details of your legal circumstances.