Can I sue my apartment for negligence?

Redondo Beach, CA |

A couple months ago I had two pieces of mail with checks stolen from the outgoing mail at my apartment. This resulted in someone obtaining my account number and stealing some funds. The apartment security cameras were down, so no luck on obtaining video of the thief. Recently, I had a package stolen that was delivered. It had 300+ worth of content plus $141 to ship. The cameras are still down! The apartment advertises security cameras, but they have been broken for months. I made them aware of original situation when the checks were stolen. I want to find out who's stealing from me, but I can view the security footage!! Do I have any recourse? Can I do anything since they advertise this security feature of the property and it's BS?

The answer is depends.
from one hand You need to notify in writing your landlord advise him for the situation and ask him to fix the cameras.From the other hand If you live in an area with alot of crime and your landlord knows that and exposes you to this criminal acts by not maintaining the cameras in good working condition you can sue and get damages.

Disclaimer:Attorney and Fraud Examiner.One of few that are Certified Fraud Examiners (CFE). The information contained in this website is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as a legal advice on any subject. No recipients of content from this site,clients or otherwise,should act or refrain from acting on the basis of any content included in the site without seeking the appropriate legal or other professional advice on the particular facts and circumstances at issue from an attorney licensed in the recipient's state. The content of this website contains general information and may not reflect current legal developments, verdicts or settlements. The Karamanlis Powers Law Offices expressly disclaims all liability in respect to actions taken or not taken based on any or all of the contents of this website, weblogs, twitter, facebook, google+. *the certification is not a specialty recognized by the California State Bar.