Can I Sue Mercedes Financial service or Benz dealer or Buick dealer?
Current lease: Cadillac
I leased the new car, but need to end my current lease 8 month earlier than due date.
I got payoff through the benz though the mobil app.
Payoff: $42000, I show this to Cadillac dealer.
Cadillac Dealer agreed to pay: off my Benz$41000
I leased the car
I was waiting for my multiple security deposit back. $8500 from benz.
( I put deposit to reduce monthly payment, they need to refund $8500 after leased car returned)
I got shocked and very sick today mentally.
Because, actual payoff was around $51000 and they applied $8500 toward my online payoff.
1. I never informed or they never break down or never disclose to me ( benz)
2. Cadillac should have gotten the official payoff from benz ,
3. I never authorized to use my deposit toward to payoff the benz either Cadillac dealer or benz.
4. If I knew the actual payoff I never leased the car from Cadillac and just finished my benz lease and get the $8500 back from benz
5 I only signed pay $1000 difference for my benz payoff , never authorized to use $8500
6. Yes payoff was $42000 and I did not know actual payoff was 52000 . If benz or Cadillac informed me
1 attorney answer
Based on these facts, you MIGHT have a claim for $7,500, which you can petition for in Small Claims court. It's unclear whether your payoff included return of your deposit or not, and the exact communications about your payoff would need to be reviewed.
Avvo doesn't pay us for these responses, and I'm not your lawyer just because I answer this question or respond to any follow-up comments.