Skip to main content

Can I sue GM for faulty brakes?

Philadelphia, PA |

after the brakes on my vehicle failed miserably causing my car not to stop until it ran up an embankment. My car was totaled. I received a letter from GM about a Recall, for the breaking mechanism in the vehicle that can fail and cause the vehicle to crash. Recall letter received after my brakes failed. My car had also been inspected less than 2 weeks before the brakes failed. Can I sue the company? 2011 Chevy model.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 5


Probably. Seek a lawyer who does Lemon law work if you just had property damage. Seek a personal injury attorney if you were injured.


If you were injured, contact a personal injury lawyer. If you have collision coverage, call your insurance company. If not, contact an attorney that handles automobile warranty cases. This is NOT a Lemon Law case. Good luck!

The information provided is for general informational purposes only and is not intended to be legal advice. I am only licensed in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and I am not providing you with specific legal advice. The law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. Being general in nature, the information provided may not apply to any specific factual and/or legal set of circumstances and/or the jurisdiction where you reside. No attorney-client relationship is formed nor should any such relationship be implied. The information provided is of a general nature is not intended to substitute for the advice of an attorney, especially an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction. Your question, although you may believe is simple, it is not simple. You require legal advice, please consult with a competent attorney licensed to practice in your jurisdiction.


Were you injured. SInce you did not mentioned it I will assume you are well. If the damage is only property damage turn the case to your own insurance company. If you did not have insurance then see a local lawyer. Best of luck.

This answer is provided by California Auto Accident Attorney Manuel A. Juarez, Esq., These answers are not intended to form an attorney client relationship. Manuel Juarez. Esq., is licensed only in California. He practices in Antioch, Berkeley, Concord, Oakland, Hayward, Martinez, Newark, Richmond, San Francisco and San Rafael. This information is good only in California and it is not to be taken as legal advice on car accidents, personal injury, divorce, bankruptcy or in any other type of situation. Esta respuesta es del Abogado de Accidentes de Autos, Abogado de Lesiones Personales, Abogado de Heridos en Accidentes de carros, Manuel A. Juárez, Abogado Hispano de Accidentes, Abogado de Divorcios, Abogado Latino de Accidentes, Abogado de Accidentes de Oakland, Hayward, San Francisco, California. Estas respuesta son solo para información general y no consisten en consejo legal sobre divorcios, mantención de esposas, mantención de hijos o bancarrotas. Las respuestas son comentarios legales que no forman una relación de abogado y cliente. Manuel Juarez, Esq., esta licenciado solo en el Estado de California. El abogado de lesiones y heridos en accidentes de autos, Manuel A. Juarez es licenciado solo en California.


If you were injured and suffered a serious injury then you may have a claim. If you only have damage to your car you certainly should have a claim for the damage and perhaps under the lemon law something more. You should discuss the claim with a lawyer in Philadelphia. Ob

If you feel this is the "best" answer or is "helpful," please indicate. Since I am limited to the information you provide, I cannot guarantee the accuracy of the answer. You should seek the advise of an attorney who can explore all aspects of your question. This communication does not form an attorney client relationship.


Have a local lemon law attorney investigate if it was new.