Skip to main content

Can I sue for wrongful arrest/DUI

Charleston, SC |

I'm pretty sure that I will have my DUI case dismissed since I wasn't driving and got a DUI after going back to my vehicle to see why the cops were out there by it. How do I go about filing a lawsuit for work missed, tow fee's, and that type of thing. Would I still have to pay a lawyer if I lose or does he take some of the money awarded?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2

Best Answer

You need to contact Scott Joye, an rated attorney and personal friend of the DWI Dude.

R. Scott Joye

3575 Highway 17 Business
Murrells Inlet SC 29576

Phone: 843-357-6454


You have to pay for an attorney if you are not impoverished.

If you cannot afford an attorney, one may be appointed.

Just because you are not convicted does not mean you have a case for false arrest.

A civil rights case can include damages for lost time at work and a tow fee BUT, you likely do not have a valid civil rights case here. You might find my Legal Guide helpful "How to Choose a Lawyer for you.”

You might find my Legal Guide helpful "What Do I Tell My Lawyer"?

No one can know what the record is in the case because online we cannot find out any details. Check with a lawyer in your locale to discuss more of the details.

Good luck to you.

God bless.

NOTE: This answer is made available by the out-of-state lawyer for educational purposes only. This observation is not like a communication with a lawyer with whom you have an attorney-client relationship along with all the privileges that relationship provides.