Skip to main content

Can I sue for slander and defermation

Auburn, WA |

Received letter in mail to appear in court to be arraigned on jan 2nd for kidnapping robery human traffic. The judge let me go the prosecutor was not able to confirm how my name came up but I was required to do work release that same day I was all over q13 news and newspapers the next morning my name was slandered and I lost my job and children the news put pressed on the judge so I appeared again on jan 9th and I was detained on 500,000 bond and still was all over the media. Jan 16th I was released from jail the case was dismissed because of mistaken idenity.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


I'm a NY attorney so I can only speak generally. You need to find a local attorney who handles civil rights cases. If you were defamed in writing (by the newspaper) it is called a libel. If the paper only reported the facts that you were arrested and charged with a crime, that report is true and you would not win a libel claim. But more important, a civil rights attorney could tell you whether you have a deprivation of liberty claim under the 4th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution if you were arrested without probable cause and/or detained in jail for too long a time.