Skip to main content


Maxton, NC |

Wife had mesh transplant (problem with doctor ;who will not see her to diagnose that she has problem and caused other doctors to refuse to see her for 2years now). Shes going crazy and hurts and if I try to have sex with her ;it leaves her in pain and I feel bad. It only happened after the MESS(mesh) surgery.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 6


I am sorry for your and your wife's pain. Mesh implants can cause lots of problems and lead to potential lawsuits. I would be happy to discuss your potential case with you. Feel free to contact our firm at 919-783-5900.


Your wife has a potential product liability claim and you have a potential derivative claim.You should obtain needed medical care and treatment immediately and follow the doctor's advice. Do not give any statement to the adverse party or insurance company nor grant them access to any medical records. Photograph the injuries and the damage done to any property. Contact a personal injury attorney in your area as soon as possible so that you can protect your rights. You may also find it helpful to review the Legal Guides I have published on dealing with many of the issues you are now facing. The Guides can be accessed through my profile page on Do not delay, as there are statutes of limitations which could prevent you from successfully pursuing any claim

Legal Disclaimer:

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below.

Mr. Lundeen is licensed to practice law in Florida and Vermont. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Lundeen strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to ensure proper advice is received.

This ans. does not create an attorney/client relationship.


I am representing a number of women in Alabama who have suffered severe personal injury from mesh implants. I have written a few articles on my blog that discuss these products and the problems they have caused. Here is a cite to one of those posts:

I would urge you to seek legal counsel in North Carolina. These are serious cases. They require an attorney who is skilled in handling personal injury claims caused by a defective product. If you do seek a North Carolina attorney, you should do so immediately. Each state has unique laws, including time limitations on pursuing claims.


I am sorry to hear your situation. You may. Seek an experienced personal injury attorney ASAP. Good luck.

The above is general information only and is not legal advice. The information provided does not form an attorney-client relationship, and should not be relied upon to take or refrain from taking any action. I am not your attorney until we sign a retainer agreement.


As one of the attorneys pointed out, yours is a derivative claim based on loss of consortium. To be successful on a derivative claim, your wife must pursue a products case as the underlying and primary claim. There seem to be a lot of attorneys willing to help you. Please contact one of them.


A tiny handful of defective product lawyers handle these defective mesh cases, so have your wife call one to investigate a possible claim.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer