Can I sue for illegal eviction in small claims court?

Atlanta, GA |

Landlord is taking me to court for property damage after she changed the locks on my mobile home illegally, with no kind of eviction notice, a week before my lease was up. I was already moving and had given a written 30 day notice since my lease was almost up. Now she wants me to pay for the repairs and costs of moving and cleaning my stuff...she refused to open the door to let me clean and get my things unless I gave her the 200 I owed on the rent. Can I file a counter claim in magistrates court without a lawyer for the property that she kept and for the illegal eviction?

Assuming there was not proper notice and an eviction proceeding, it sounds like you do have a claim for wrongful eviction.

If you would like to discuss any issues further, please feel free to contact my office. The link to my contact information is below. Thank you.

The foregoing is general information only, not specific legal advice. No attorney/client relation has been created or should be implied.