Can I sue for emotional distress, lying, abandonment or unpaid child support (a claim was never filed my mother when I was young

New York, NY |

When my father found out my mother was pregnant, he told my mom not to tell me that I was his. So I grew up around my father never being told that he was my father. I was always told to refer to him as my "mom's friend." However, I always instinctively just knew that that he was my father. I spent my whole childhood wondering what was wrong with me and why I my father wanted to keep me a secret so badly. Finally when I was in high school, my father told me. It was a traumatic experience to say the least. Meanwhile while all of this is going on, my father never legally claimed me, never had to be financially responsible for me. Is there anything that I can do to get him to pay support, emotional distress? My dad was embarrassed to claim me bc I'm not white. He's white, mom is black

More detail is needed.