Skip to main content

Can I sue for defamation of character?

Fort Washington, MD |

My child who was 15 in March (I have screen shoots) had some very inappropriate statements made about my child and a another individual over twitter. They used my child's name and the other child's name. I have the tweets in a word document. Now just last week the same individuals (three of them) have started it up again. My child is now 16. These remarks a vicious, nasty sexual in nature statements that have been seen by over 100 individuals because it is an open twitter account. It is very detailed statements that have also been discussed on the bus as well as in the school whether in the hallways or even in the cafeteria. My child has be isolated, ridiculed and quite frankly has been emotionally traumatized by the situation. I'm ready to take action against all three.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


This is a police matter. Report the facts to your local police. This is also a school matter. Bring it to the attention of the principal. Hopefully the police and the school will be able to help end this terrible situation. My heart goes out to you and your child.

The information provided is for general informational purposes only and is not intended to be legal advice. I am only licensed in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and I am not providing you with specific legal advice. The law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. Being general in nature, the information provided may not apply to any specific factual and/or legal set of circumstances and/or the jurisdiction where you reside. No attorney-client relationship is formed nor should any such relationship be implied. The information provided is of a general nature is not intended to substitute for the advice of an attorney, especially an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction. Your question, although you may believe is simple, it is not simple. You require legal advice, please consult with a competent attorney licensed to practice in your jurisdiction.


I agree with my colleague. You should contact your child's schools administration as well as the local police department. Hopefully they will be able to put a stop to this.

Any accident and legal information provided by Davis Law Group to non-clients is for general information purposes only. It is not a substitute for legal advice. No attorney-client relationship is created or maintained without a signed written agreement between the client and the law firm.


Call police

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer