Skip to main content

Can I sue for damages to my property eroding due to their grading the dirt road 2-3 ft below mine.

Montgomery, TX |

6yrs ago they purchased land with a dirt road that runs behind my house and started a dirt pit. when I complained to the tceq about all the noise, dirt and dust they told them they were digging a lake for a development. well that was 6yrs ago and it is still in progess 6 days a week. I estimate 100-300 trips up the back of my property a day by dump trucks. not on sunday, but we are covered in dirt and dust. inside and outside my house, I have discovered the property behind my house that I own is eroding about 10-20 ft away from their road. due to constant grading of the road after each rain...I cant keep my windows clean, cars constantly covered, dust inside house all the time. cant have company.over the trucks are 12 hours a day 6 days a week and on holidays.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


You should be able to bring a claim for damages. Contact a local attorney - you can try to find one by searching Avvo.

Don't forget to check "Helpful" if I helped you out. This response is not intended to create an attorney client relationship and is based on the limited information available at the time of the response. Before acting on anything stated or referenced in this response you should consult with an attorney of your choosing and go over the specific details of your legal circumstances. My responses are also given in the context of the laws of the State of Louisiana. To the extent this comment involves principles of law governed by another state my comment merely reflects my opinion and should not be considered legal advice.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer